Thursday 2 June 2011

Baked brie with pea shoot and apple salad


I am a great believer in quiet, simple pleasures. My Saturday involved being wined and dined Michelin style.  It was a great experience; the highlights included a beautifully cooked sea bass and a startling 2003 Monbazillac.  Despite all this it didn’t really match up to my effortless-by-comparison Sunday lunch of baked brie with pea shoot and apple salad. Maybe simple pleasures are perhaps indicative of a lack of sophistication but I want to think it is a love of something more honest, more cheek-smackingly-tasty.

Perhaps I am just over thinking the whole thing? It is, at the end of the day, just food. Nothing as noble as ending world hunger or eradicating T.B. If only I could apply myself…

Anyways, I’m going off at a tangent. You need to make this! Uber easy and tasty (unless you don’t like cheese).  I served it with pea shoot and apple salad to freshen the dish up a bit.


Baked brie – serves 2 for lunch or 4 as a starter
Oven set to 180 degrees

Round brie (camembert is good too)
1/2 teaspoon runny honey
clove of garlic

Take the brie out the packaging and cut the bloomy rind off the top.
Cut the garlic in half and give it a good rub over the top of the cheese.
Drizzle the honey over the cheese.
Put the cheese back in the wooden box and bake for 15 minutes till gooey.



Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I want to know about the pea shoot and apple salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw the salad was just so simple I didnt I didnt want to over patronise folk after the simple baked brie. It was just a handful of pea shoots and a handful of baby salad leaves with an finely sliced apple (think it was a "jazz", quite fragrant) with a little lemon and olive oil vinegrette. Simples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That melted Camembert looks so gooood

    ReplyDelete